Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
On Account of the Gum is a book about how the best intentions lead to some of the worst (and funniest) ideas!
Serious humor abounds in this story about one kid's hilarious misadventures with gum, and the cumulative buildup of stuff stuck in hair.
From the madcap mind of Adam Rex comes a book about the improbable, downright bizarre remedies for a problem kids have faced since the creation of gum.
• Features hilarious text with unexpected turns and fun rhymes
• Wacky suggestions make this prime for constant giggles and repeat reading
• Author Adam Rex has a funny, smart, and relatable style
How do you get gum out of your hair—a pair of scissors? Butter? The cat? Call your aunt, she'll know what to do. She doesn't? Try the fire department!
With each page turn, this situation—relatable to any family—grows stickier and more desperate.
• A wonderful blend of light wordplay, zany humor, and a timeless topic
• Perfect for fans of The Day the Crayons Quit and If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!
• Great gift for parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, booksellers, and educators who are looking for a funny, relatable tale to read out loud